Christmas is an exciting time for many families, but for some it’s just so hard trying to find that perfect gift for the child who …. well, maybe doesn’t PLAY like other kids, has sensory avoidance issues, or only prefers a few specific items and won’t even PEEK at something new!
I’ve put together a few ideas of items we have in stock. Not that they’re going to suit EVERYONE- we know that! But based on my experiences as a nurse, a special needs mum, and awesome friend to some special needs families I’m hoping you will find something in this list that just might suit!
- Something to CHEW! We love ARK THERAPEUTIC for our chewing tools as they are medical grade silicone and come in different strength levels, to suit the occasional soft chewer to the avid MUST CHEW EVERYTHING kid! Not everything is indestructible, but these are pretty good. We import them from the US and usually they sell out fast! A good place to start for littlies is the GRABBER. Necklaces and bangles are pretty cool options for older kids.
- Something to FIDGET with. One of our most popular items is the TANGLES. However, my personal favourite is the PUNK BANGLE! At markets I find myself randomly fiddling with this one lol. For girls who like pretty things, how about our awesome LASER COIL PLASTIC BANGLES – straight off the truck and new to us!
- Some sneaky fine motor toys. Keep your OT happy with these cute threading activities: for older kids try the Sweet Hearts Wooden Bead Set. Get them making their own gorgeous necklaces! Or for the littlies try the cutest Lacing Pony!
- For those busy bodies you can work on core strength with these awesome Sit N Gym balls. These have little legs to turn it into a stable sitting base, keeping the posture perfect and core muscles working. They will love playing around on this!
- For your toddlers you can never go past blocks! Basic blocks provide the opportunity to work on fine motor skills while tapping into creativity and exploration. Make a road, make a tower, make patterns. Work on learning colours or shapes. You can never go wrong with blocks! We have a bag of 42 blocks, or boxes of 100!
- Do you have a dinosaur lover? How about a gorgeous dinosaur night light! These emit a green light – but not too bright, so they can feel safe and snug without being scared of the dark.
- A HAPPY SACK is the perfect thing for kids who have sensory issues. It provides a place to hide, sensory feedback to the body, or a bit of pressure when they push against it. Definitely something different and so AWESOME at keeping them regulated 🙂
- Do you have a sensory seeker? Try some gooey GALAXY SLIME, MERMAID POOP OR UNICORN POOP……….. just the thing for the kids who needs to touch and feel the yukky stuff!
- Stuck for ideas? Let them choose for themselves with a GIFT CERTIFICATE – available for online shopping. We will email through a code which allows your special person to shop for themselves! Great for last minute gifts!
HAPPY SHOPPING … WE WISH YOU & YOUR LOVED ONES A VERY MERRY AND SAFE CHRISTMAS
KIELE & STEVE X